New Hong Kong English words

The OED’s March 2016 update sees the inclusion of a number of words from Hong Kong English. There are loanwords from Cantonese, like dai pai dong (‘a food stall’) and kaifong (‘a neighbourhood association’); as well as formations in English that are only or chiefly used in Hong Kong, like sitting-out area (‘a small public space with seating in a built-up urban area’).

Here is a list of all new Hong Kong English items in the OED.