Panel Discussion: Bermudian English in the Oxford English Dictionary
This event has now happened, and the recording will be available soon – watch this space!
In this talk, the panellists will comment on the uniqueness of Bermudian English, and the fact that many word evidence sources are found in dialect parody. They will also explain how academic research can be used to inform OED updates, using this as an example.
The talk will cover:
• The Bermudian English variety and its description
• Dialect parody – why it happens, and the caveats of using it as lexicographic evidence
• Using academic research in OED updates
• The Bermudian English pronunciation model
• Q&A – bring your questions to the panellists or send them in advance to email@example.com
The opinions and other information contained in the OED blog posts and comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of Oxford University Press.